We need your feedback! Please share your thoughts as we start the 2022-2023 Water Management Plan and once again when the draft is available for review.
Managing our diverse portfolio of water supplies keeps our region’s water secure. That’s why SAWS regularly updates our Water Management Plan (WMP) to ensure plentiful water supplies for generations.
Water Management Plan Timeline
- The WMP process for 2022-2023 began last year with taskforce meetings that started in March of 2022 and will continue to meet through 2023.
- In March of 2022 a concerted community engagement process began with community meetings and this dedicated website (WaterCitySA.com).
- Here the community can review the 2017 Water Management Plan, take a poll regarding topics of importance, see scheduled community meetings and how to join them, view recorded online meetings, and keep up with the conversation on social media.
- Since March of 2022 SAWS staff has been providing regular briefings to the SAWS Board.
- The process will continue until a Draft Plan is available by March 1, 2024
- At that time the community will be asked to weigh-in on the plan. There will be a public comment period for a minimum of 30 days.
- Community feedback will be reviewed, and necessary changes will be implemented before it is presented to the SAWS Board for final approval
- later in the year.
Watch our online public meeting for more information regarding the process of updating our Water Management Plan.
Water Management Plan
Click the link below to download or view the 2017 Water Management Plan that was crafted with community feedback and unanimously approved by the SAWS Board of Trustees. Once the 2022 draft is ready for review it will be available here.